Nairobi Woman Representative Esther Passaris has responded to a leaked phone call between her and Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko.
The video, which has now gone viral, is about a conversation where Passaris is heard asking for Ksh1 million from Sonko in a period believed to be after the 2017 General Election.
However, giving her side of the story to Kenyans.co.ke from Canada, she admitted that the governor is the one who took her to the ODM Party.
She divulged that the conversation took place when ODM was implementing the 'Resist' agenda, telling their supporters to keep off certain consumer goods in 2017 and 2018.
Passaris said she consulted Sonko to help her with the funds because her spouse was hesitant since he was a supporter of the Jubilee party.
Though she admitted that some of the contents of the leaked conversations were true, the Woman Rep accused Sonko of doctoring some sections to suit his agenda.
He described him as insincere and insecure, adding that people no longer took him seriously for recording private calls.
The legislator disclosed that upon returning to the country on Sunday, she would make an official statement on the matter.
The new twist only added to the drama between the two politicians that the public has been treated to.
During his Madaraka Day speech on Saturday, Sonko bashed Passaris for constantly calling his phone.
Sonko also accused her of being economical with the truth, since she had not submitted her plans to him.
She responded that Sonko seemed to be sabotaging projects that she wanted to implement within the county.
Listen to the leaked phone call between Passaris and Sonko.
- Listen Up23 November 2020 - 7:58 pm
- Rain Alert23 November 2020 - 7:52 pm
- Innovative23 November 2020 - 7:45 pm
- moving ahead23 November 2020 - 7:16 pm
- Fire Back23 November 2020 - 6:47 pm
- triple tragedy23 November 2020 - 6:24 pm
- update23 November 2020 - 4:52 pm
- Game on23 November 2020 - 5:25 pm
- Changes Tune23 November 2020 - 4:37 pm
- Unfortunate23 November 2020 - 3:42 pm
- Take Caution23 November 2020 - 2:38 pm
- troubling time23 November 2020 - 3:00 pm