Sonko Dishes Out Ksh 1000 Notes at Nyayo Stadium
Nairobi Governor Mike Mbuvi Sonko dished out Ksh 1000 notes and packets of flour to Muslims at Nyayo Stadium in Nairobi on Tuesday.
In a live session on his Facebook page, a man is seen issuing packets of flour as the governor gives each person a Ksh 1000 note.
Some of the Muslims are seen expressing their gratitude before walking away, paving way for others to also receive the goodies.
"Asanti sana gavana, Mungu akubariki (Thank you so much governor, God bless you)," a woman told the governor as he nodded his head.
Sonko, who is also known as the good deeds ambassador, was hosting Muslims at Nyayo National Stadium as they marked the end of the holy month of Ramadhan.
On May 30, 2019, the governor threw a lavish party for members of the Muslim community at City Hall.
The party was aimed at celebrating Iftar, the evening meal with which Muslims end their daily Ramadhan fast at sunset.
Although the actual expenditure information of the party was not disclosed, the turnout was huge.
The Imams who were in attendance prayed for Sonko to continue impacting the people as he has been doing and made a special request for him to help them access clean water.
Watch the video of Sonko dishing out cash.
- 15 December 2019 - 11:32 am
- 15 December 2019 - 11:16 am
- 15 December 2019 - 11:43 am
- 15 December 2019 - 10:11 am
- 15 December 2019 - 9:44 am
- 15 December 2019 - 9:23 am
- 15 December 2019 - 8:19 am
- 15 December 2019 - 7:08 am
- 14 December 2019 - 8:55 pm
- 14 December 2019 - 8:32 pm
- 14 December 2019 - 8:09 pm
- 14 December 2019 - 7:20 pm