A video has emerged showing murdered Homa Bay County Executive Committee Member (CECM) for Transport and Infrastructure Philemon Dony Opar pleading for his life.
In the two-minute and 50 seconds video, Opar is heard revealing that there were plans to eliminate him.
He explained that unknown people had been monitoring his movements.
"I'd like to tell the Chief who's here with us today that there is motorbike that moves around this village from 2am to 4am. It doesn't have headlights. We've seen it.
"Yesterday, they flashed lights in my home. I wondered what they were after. I know who sent them," he stated.
In the undated video, Opar was also heard explaining that he was not afraid to take action if local authorities were not ready to help him.
Opar was shot dead on Friday night at his petrol station in Kendu Bay town.
The incident happened at 10:47pm when the deceased was in the process of reviewing the day's activities at the station.
Opar vied for the Karachuonyo parliamentary seat in 2017 but he lost to Andrew Adipo.
He was nominated as a CECM in February 2019 to replace Prof Richard Muga.
Watch the video below.
- phased reopening28 September 2020 - 7:23 pm
- New Guidelines28 September 2020 - 6:07 pm
- All in28 September 2020 - 5:53 pm
- in hindsight28 September 2020 - 6:17 pm
- updates28 September 2020 - 5:03 pm
- M.I.A28 September 2020 - 4:48 pm
- Nerve-wracking28 September 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Behind Bars28 September 2020 - 2:51 pm
- living large28 September 2020 - 2:30 pm
- Reprieve28 September 2020 - 1:48 pm
- New Captain28 September 2020 - 1:50 pm
- make room28 September 2020 - 12:45 pm