Eight KDF officers were on Wednesday afternoon hospitalised after a truck they were travelling in overturned along Kangundo road in Machakos County.
Matungulu Sub County Police Commander, Isaac Thuranira confirmed the incident from the scene of the accident.
Thuranira also stated that the injured officers were likely to be transferred to the Forces Memorial Hospital after being stabilized.
Details about the accident remained scanty as police launched investigations into the possible cause.
According to K24, the police were reluctant to disclose any information on the extent of injuries that the KDF officers suffered.
“There were 18 soldiers on board and they were driving from Nairobi towards Kangundo general direction. Some were critically injured and were rushed to Forces Memorial Hospital for treatment,” Thuranira added.
In May, KDF officers were involved in another accident in Riandira on Makutano-Sagana Road in Kirinyaga County that left one dead and three others injured.
Mwea West OCPD Owour Wenda, who confirmed the incident stated that the soldier died on the spot while the others – who sustained hand fractures — were taken to the nearby Sagana Hospital before later being transferred to a Nairobi hospital for specialised treatment.
Wenda also revealed that the army men were travelling from Nanyuki to Nairobi when one of the Land Rover tires burst causing the vehicle to roll several times.
The extensively damaged vehicle was towed to the local police station.
- Almost normal1 June 2020 - 2:54 pm
- past lessons1 June 2020 - 2:32 pm
- extra-judicial1 June 2020 - 2:08 pm
- Score card1 June 2020 - 1:50 pm
- here's Why1 June 2020 - 1:06 pm
- Spotted1 June 2020 - 12:09 pm
- in person1 June 2020 - 12:04 pm
- Punishment1 June 2020 - 11:37 am
- Anticipations1 June 2020 - 11:38 am
- still got it1 June 2020 - 11:21 am
- Insider1 June 2020 - 9:57 am
- hard pass1 June 2020 - 9:24 am