Pastor Throws Himself Into River From Moving Boda Boda
There was drama in Matayos village in Busia, on Saturday, after a pastor jumped off a moving motorbike into a river.
Citizen Digital reported that the man leaped to his death on the bridge linking Busia and Kisumu.
The pastor was reportedly headed to Busia Town from Matayos Market when the incident occurred.
According to eyewitnesses, his Bible and Ksh 40 fell as he ran towards the bridge.
Confirming the incident, police told journalists that they had a difficult time retrieving the man's body from the raging river.
His body had not been found as at 1 pm on Saturday.
It was not immediately clear why he chose to end his life in such a manner.
This incident comes barely two weeks after a woman drowned her 18-month-old baby in River Ruguti.
Area Assistant Chief Charles Mugendi told journalists that the woman killed the baby due to a marital dispute with her husband.
Mugendi explained that the woman's husband, John Ndwiga, had been beating and threatening to kill her if she remained with the child.
- 15 October 2019 - 5:48 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 5:31 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 4:26 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 4:30 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 4:02 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 4:51 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 3:48 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 3:16 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 2:41 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 2:18 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 2:00 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 1:49 pm