The Directorate of Criminal Investigations has recommended the prosecution of one of President Uhuru Kenyatta's, lawyer Evans Monari, over the disappearance of Ksh284 million from the estate of former Cabinet Minister Mbiyu Koinange.
Also on the radar of the DCI is Kandara MP Alice Wahome, Beatrice Kariuki and Justry Nyaberi who were involved in the court case regarding the distribution of Koinange's vast estate.
The late minister's fourth wife Eddah Wanjiru had written to the DCI over the disappearance of the money in question.
She complained that four lawyers had moved Ksh284 million reserved for creditors despite a court order prohibiting the same.
Chief Justice David Maraga who handled the family's court case in 2011 had instructed the four widows to reserve money that would be used to pay legal fees.
Haji confirmed to have received the communique from the DCI recommending the prosecution of the said individuals.
"I have received the file and it is under review by the prosecution. I will make a decision in the next 10 days," Haji told The Standard.
When contacted, Uhuru's lawyer responded: "The complainant has never been my client and my client is not complaining."
The Kandara MP on her part remarked that she did not owe anybody an explanation adding that "If the DCI (Kinoti) has issues regarding that matter, he will let me know."
Upon his death, the later powerful minister left wealth well over Ksh1.1 billion.
His family has also been grappled with disagreements on whether to share the wealth equally among the four families or distribute it equally among all descendants.death
- Drastic Measures29 January 2022 - 8:53 am
- Major Move29 January 2022 - 8:00 am
- uncovered29 January 2022 - 7:40 am
- Fall Out28 January 2022 - 8:04 pm
- exposed28 January 2022 - 8:10 pm
- respect28 January 2022 - 7:51 pm
- Cancelled28 January 2022 - 7:25 pm
- tough call28 January 2022 - 7:05 pm
- Punitive28 January 2022 - 6:19 pm
- big moves28 January 2022 - 7:03 pm
- Security Matters28 January 2022 - 5:47 pm
- new twist28 January 2022 - 5:20 pm