Obama's Grandma Hospitalized
Sarah Obama, grandmother to the former United States President, Barack Obama, was on Wednesday hospitalized at Siaya County Referral Hospital.
The 97-year-old Sarah was taken to the facility after she fell ill at her home in Nyangoma K'ogello, People Daily reports.
Samwel Omondi, Siaya Health chief officer confirmed that Mama Sarah had been taken to the hospital after she fell sick.
"It is true that Mama Sarah is at Siaya Referral Hospital where she was taken after falling ill at her home.
However, we cannot divulge more information on her health," he disclosed.
Family members urged Kenyans to remember Mama Sarah in prayer.
"As the family, we are appealing to Kenyans to join hands and pray for our grandmother who has remained mindful of orphans, widows and vulnerable in the society," one of the relatives stated.
Her private doctor noted that he would issue a statement following the progress of Mama Sarah's health status.
The hospital Superintendent, Dr Biko Opidi, told The Standard that Mama Sarah was responding well to the medication.
- 27 January 2020 - 12:03 am
- 26 January 2020 - 7:39 pm
- 26 January 2020 - 6:57 pm
- 26 January 2020 - 6:18 pm
- 26 January 2020 - 5:45 pm
- 26 January 2020 - 5:07 pm
- 26 January 2020 - 4:58 pm
- 26 January 2020 - 4:43 pm
- 26 January 2020 - 3:25 pm
- 26 January 2020 - 3:59 pm
- 26 January 2020 - 2:57 pm
- 26 January 2020 - 2:47 pm