The government has given notice to Kenyans that there will be a new Huduma Namba registration exercise which will last 2 weeks.
According to the Government Spokesman Cyrus Oguna, the new drive will target the people who missed out on the one-week extension announced by President Uhuru Kenyatta after the May 25 deadline.
Furthermore, the registration will not be in market places as it happened in May but at the offices of assistant chiefs.
Speaking on Thursday, in Mbeere South constituency’s innovation hub at Kiritiri in Embu during a weekly press briefing on various national issues, Rtd Colonel Oguna stated that the commencement date would be disclosed in due time.
Oguna expressed concern that millions of people were left out in the exercise. He noted that at least 37 million people had registered and about 11 million missed out.
He divulged that Kenyans who were unable to register did not have national Identification Cards and birth certificates by the time the drive was completed.
He, however, stated that the government had taken that into consideration and would allow them to get the documents so that they are also able to register.
He urged the people who did not register to take advantage of the new registration period and get the crucial numbers.
The Huduma Namba mass registration began on March 15 this year and was supposed to end on Saturday, May 18 before the government extended the deadline for one more week.
The government had initially warned that those who failed to register for the Huduma Namba might face challenges accessing public services.
The exercise is meant to ease delivery and provision of services by the government.
The services include registration of birth certificates, land registration, replacement of lost exam certificates, civil marriages, getting initial identification cards and issuance of single business permits.
Other services are issuance of death certificates, claims for pensions, filing tax return, application for title deeds and applying and renewal of government documents.
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm