Jacque Maribe and 11 others might find themselves in trouble as police contemplate summoning them over the selfies they took with Dennis Itumbi inside Muthaiga Police station.
Maribe was among the individuals who visited Itumbi at the station following his arrest on Wednesday.
Police claim that Itumbi and his friends held a party-like visit at the cells where they stayed until close to midnight.
The officers who were on duty the said night are also on the radar of their seniors after the OCS of the station was interdicted over the selfie.
The photo went viral after they posted it on social media.
A report by The Nation stated that Nairobi police boss Philip Ndolo noted that the 12 were being considered persons of interest.
“For the 11 to be inside the offices it means that someone somewhere allowed them in and that is also the person or persons of interest in this matter,” the Nairobi Police Boss was quoted by The Nation.
The officer further revealed that the investigations into the matter forced them to question Itumbi’s visitors.
In the selfies, Itumbi is seen seated with TV journalist Jacque Maribe with other friends.
According to police, at the time the photo was taken, Itumbi was supposed to be inside a cell having been questioned at the DCI headquarters along Kiambu road.
As per the Police act, Itumbi selfie friends risk imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years or a fine not exceeding Ksh20,000 or both if found guilty of disorderly conduct inside a police building.
- helping hand10 July 2020 - 11:37 am
- Money Bags10 July 2020 - 10:53 am
- chosen few10 July 2020 - 10:23 am
- Changes10 July 2020 - 9:51 am
- face the music10 July 2020 - 9:03 am
- Under Siege10 July 2020 - 8:41 am
- decision10 July 2020 - 8:20 am
- Alert10 July 2020 - 7:30 am
- Opulence10 July 2020 - 7:11 am
- Revealed10 July 2020 - 8:14 am
- vacancies9 July 2020 - 7:35 pm
- Revealed9 July 2020 - 6:40 pm