In the ranking done by data analysts, Odipo Dev, the journalist emerged 2nd after musician Akothee, who took the crown on the social media platform, Sonko came in third.
Taking the other top five spots were; comedians Churchill and Teacher Wanjiku with Deputy President William Ruto also featuring on the top ten list alongside DJ Mo, Eric Omondi, ODM leader Raila Odinga and blogger Robert Alai.
Akothee also led the rankings on Instagram, followed by comedian Ngujush and Betty Kyallo.
On YouTube, Churchill took the crown followed by Willy Paul, The Real Househelps of Kawangware (TRHK), Bahati and Otile Brown rounding up the top five.
Having numbers on social media often reflects the influence a brand has and for a celebrity, the number of followers translates to clout.
The latest rankings included celebrities, comedians, musicians, politicians, content creators and social influencers.
Collecting data from January-June 2019, the firm noted an alarming number of fake followers was a huge factor with many accounts using fake likes and comments to boost engagement.
As such, the firm stated that it updated how it ranked the celebrities and influencers to discount the fake followers
"We have begun discounting individuals with significant fake followers and engagement as per our findings on their accounts. In addition, we shall also begin to include talkability (the number of mentions a celebrity/influencers has garnered online in a specific period) into our rankings to give a more wholesome view of the popularity and influence of an individual," a statement by Odipo Dev read in part.
- Condemned28 October 2020 - 1:46 pm
- creme dela creme28 October 2020 - 12:57 pm
- Brace UP28 October 2020 - 1:07 pm
- good news28 October 2020 - 12:41 pm
- crisis28 October 2020 - 12:41 pm
- Amended28 October 2020 - 12:04 pm
- RIP28 October 2020 - 11:10 am
- Revealed28 October 2020 - 10:56 am
- see you later28 October 2020 - 10:28 am
- Unfortunate28 October 2020 - 10:09 am
- Expensive Err28 October 2020 - 9:16 am
- Cash Money28 October 2020 - 8:54 am