Lupita Nyongo, on Friday, couldn't keep calm after hearing her name in Beyonce’s latest song.
An overjoyed Lupita took to Instagram and responded to Beyonce stating,
“Brown skin girl. Thank you Beyonce for this gift! And it’s truly the sweetest thing you’ll see today.," she commented.
The song titled Brown Girl is a dedication to dark-skinned women and features artists Wizkid, Saint Jhn and her daughter Blue Ivy.
In the song, Beyonce sings, “She needs an Oscar for that pretty dark skin / Pretty like Lupita when the cameras close in.”
Beyonce has been trending on social media ever since she unveiled the Lion King album.
The album dropped on July 19th, 2019, the same day as the official premiere of the 2019 Disney classic remake of Lion King.
Beyonce plays a role in the movie as the voice of the character Nala.
On July 14, 2019, during the London premiere of the film, Beyonce, together with her husband, Rapper Jay-Z, got Kenyans talking after images circulated online of the couple standing in front of the magical Kenya logo.
The logo appeared on the yellow banner that was the background of almost every photo from the event.
According to National Geographic, the Lion King film was inspired by the Hell’s Gate National Park in the Great Rift Valley, Naivasha, which is known for its scenic sights, wildlife, rock climbing, cycling and the home of the real ‘Pride Rock’ in the film.
Watch as Lupita reacts after hearing her name in Beyonce’s latest song.
- New Hit25 October 2020 - 8:11 pm
- Saddening25 October 2020 - 7:09 pm
- Stranded25 October 2020 - 7:20 pm
- sneaky25 October 2020 - 5:47 pm
- Unfortunate25 October 2020 - 5:04 pm
- Fiery Ruto25 October 2020 - 4:14 pm
- Covid-19 Update25 October 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Enlighten25 October 2020 - 3:14 pm
- ticking time-bomb25 October 2020 - 2:46 pm
- Our Journey25 October 2020 - 2:40 pm
- road carnage25 October 2020 - 2:07 pm
- grisly25 October 2020 - 12:16 pm