An alleged lover of the late Kibra MP, Ken Okoth, has vowed to seek legal redress after being excluded from his incineration at the Kariokor Crematorium on Saturday.
Through her lawyer Elkanah Mogaka, Anne Muthoni Thumbi claimed that the MP's family had disobeyed the consent that they signed in court on Friday, August 2.
He explained that Okoth's cremation was done in secret and they only learnt about it through a Twitter post.
Mogaka went on to add that the deceased legislator's family had failed to fulfill their promise of including Thumbi's son in the service.
“I can confirm to you that Jayden was not included in the cremation ceremony and as it stands, the family is in disobedience of the court order and we will take action on Monday,” he stated.
However, Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) Secretary General Edwin Sifuna, who has been acting for Okoth's family, told Daily Nation that the cremation was a private affair.
He further stated that Thumbi's lawyer had informed them that Jayden's was not going to be part of the event.
“The ceremony started early in the morning in the presence of only a few people.
"Her lawyer yesterday (Friday) said that they were not going to attend,” Sifuna explained.
- different path13 August 2020 - 8:08 pm
- Nabbed13 August 2020 - 8:10 pm
- angered13 August 2020 - 7:17 pm
- terror threat13 August 2020 - 7:24 pm
- feted13 August 2020 - 6:38 pm
- The Truth13 August 2020 - 6:44 pm
- crash13 August 2020 - 6:22 pm
- shining13 August 2020 - 5:59 pm
- Overprotected13 August 2020 - 5:28 pm
- Chaos13 August 2020 - 5:00 pm
- Ambition13 August 2020 - 4:36 pm
- Insider13 August 2020 - 4:19 pm