Matiang'i Launches 1st Police Station With Wi-Fi [PHOTOS]
Interior Cabinet Secretary, Fred Matiang'i, on Thursday, launched the first police station with a Wi-Fi connection in Kenya.
Kagwathi Police Station in Tetu Sub-County, Nyeri County, is the first police post covered by internet within a radius of 500 metres.
The availability of the internet will make it a reality to use Digital Occurrence Book which will be rolled out very soon.
The modern police post has with all offices and a police line with 8 units each of one bedroom.
He urged police officers to partner with members of the public in the spirit of community policing for smooth flow of information so as to sustain the calm security in the locality.
He further reminded officers to be aware that the unit has changed from a force to a service hence the need to give friendly service to members of the public.
Matiang'i thanked IG Mutyambai for the continued reforms in the National Police Service which is aimed at being effective, efficient and responsive.
Here are more photos of the police station:
- 15 November 2019 - 2:30 pm
- 15 November 2019 - 3:29 pm
- 15 November 2019 - 2:32 pm
- 15 November 2019 - 3:18 pm
- 15 November 2019 - 3:00 pm
- 15 November 2019 - 1:57 pm
- 15 November 2019 - 1:34 pm
- 15 November 2019 - 1:11 pm
- 15 November 2019 - 1:04 pm
- 15 November 2019 - 12:41 pm
- 15 November 2019 - 12:22 pm
- 15 November 2019 - 11:04 am