If the recent events in Kenyan politics are anything to go by, people can anticipate that the 2022 presidential race is somewhat narrowing down to two firebrands, DP William Ruto and former Premier Raila Odinga.
In the wake of the revelations, details are emerging about tactics in which either party is using to invalidate the candidature of their rivals.
While bashing Raila during a function at Kagio Primary School in Kirinyaga County, Naivasha MP Jayne Kihara exposed the tactic that the former premier is using to undermine Ruto.
Kihara argued that, since the handshake, the AU Envoy had been using some Jubilee lawmakers to attack the DP.
“We know what he is doing to the DP Ruto is our presidential candidate for 2022,” declared Kihara according to Daily Nation.
Kihara was among the Inua Dada faction in Jubilee whose members asked Raila to quit politics arguing that he had stayed in the game for far too long.
“He has been in politics for long and should hang up his boots,” stated Kirinyaga Woman Representative Wangui Ngirici.
They also took issue with the government funding the Raila-linked Building Bridges Initiative (BBI) which it saw as a waste.
"(They are) spending millions of taxpayers shillings funding the BBI, which is holding meetings in luxury hotels instead of seeking views from ordinary Kenyans.
"BBI is a waste of money and resources and should be disbanded,” added Ngirici.
The group also endorsed Ngirici to challenge Waiguru for the county's top seat in 2022.
- Imageshots fired10 April 2020 - 10:03 am
- Imagehidden agenda?10 April 2020 - 10:07 am
- ImageAnother One10 April 2020 - 9:56 am
- Imagegreenlight10 April 2020 - 9:11 am
- ImagePandemic10 April 2020 - 8:37 am
- Imageangry10 April 2020 - 8:34 am
- Imagesuffering abroad10 April 2020 - 7:13 am
- Imagedo's and donts9 April 2020 - 7:55 pm
- Imageabort mission9 April 2020 - 7:05 pm
- Imagekind9 April 2020 - 6:40 pm
- Imagebedlam9 April 2020 - 6:31 pm
- ImageBeware9 April 2020 - 7:11 pm