President Uhuru Kenyatta, on Monday, forwarded his lawyer, Gershom Otachi Bw'Omanwa, to head the National Lands Commission.
Otachi is expected to take over from the embattled former NLC boss, Muhammad Swazuri.
The highly respected lawyer has undertaken international legal assignments and represented clients before the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda in Arusha, Tanzania and The International Criminal Court, The Hague in The Netherlands.
He successfully represented General Hussein Ali and participated in the defence of His Excellency President Uhuru Kenyatta.
Uhuru's lawyer- an alumnus of the University of Nairobi, has also been serving as the Chairman, Geothermal Development Company since 2015.
Uhuru also named 8 other individuals, who are expected to make up the new commission namely; Esther Murugi Mathenge, Professor James Tuitoek, Gertrude Nduku Nguku, Reginald Okumu, Samuel Kazungu Kambi, Hubbie Hussein Al-Haji, Alister Murimi Mutugi and Tiya Galgalo.
The new nominees are expected to clean up the commission that left the former chair facing a handful of corruption allegations, with investigations led by the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
Uhuru's nominees are subject to approval by the national assembly during its next session, with its speaker, Justin Muturi, confirming that he received the list via a letter.
"I shall duly refer the nominations to the relevant Departmental Committee. I have also directed the clerk of the National Assembly to promptly convey this notification together with the nominees' Curriculum Vitae and Testimonials to all Members," an excerpt of the letter disclosed.
- ImageLoan Rangers27 February 2020 - 5:27 pm
- ImageBold Determination27 February 2020 - 4:58 pm
- ImageBizarre27 February 2020 - 4:48 pm
- ImageMemories27 February 2020 - 4:06 pm
- ImageDress Down27 February 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Imageconsequences27 February 2020 - 3:44 pm
- ImagePart Ways27 February 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Imagelisten up27 February 2020 - 2:33 pm
- ImageCorridors of Justice27 February 2020 - 2:05 pm
- Imagepublic notice27 February 2020 - 4:23 pm
- Imageopportunity27 February 2020 - 2:58 pm
- ImageBy the Bullet27 February 2020 - 1:43 pm