Interior Cabinet Secretary, Fred Matiang'i, has ordered the closure of all bars during the census period.
Bars across the country will remain closed for two days starting Saturday 5pm due to the national census period.
This is to ensure that all residents are at home so that they can be counted.
The CS was speaking from Embu Stadium during the official opening of the 10th edition of the Water Services Companies Games.
“We are going to going close all our social places especially the bars at 5pm to give you an hour to be home before the enumerators arrive at 6pm so that they can find you at home ,” Matiang'i divulged.
He assured that those conducting the whole process were not strangers, adding that security had been beefed up.
“No one will come from outside their sub-location, which means they know people around there, they are known and they know their way around,” he stated.
He also called upon Kenyans to cooperate with the enumerators who would be handling the process.
The annual Kenya Population and Housing Census is set to take place on the night of 24th August 2019.
According to KNBS, through their twitter account earlier this month, this will be the 8th census to be conducted in Kenya.
Citizens are encouraged to be indoors on the day of the census to ensure correct data is collected at the same time to ensure everyone participates.
- Imagegreenlight10 April 2020 - 9:11 am
- ImagePandemic10 April 2020 - 8:37 am
- Imageangry10 April 2020 - 8:34 am
- Imagesuffering abroad10 April 2020 - 7:13 am
- Imagedo's and donts9 April 2020 - 7:55 pm
- Imageabort mission9 April 2020 - 7:05 pm
- Imagekind9 April 2020 - 6:40 pm
- Imagebedlam9 April 2020 - 6:31 pm
- ImageBeware9 April 2020 - 7:11 pm
- ImageGolden Heart9 April 2020 - 6:49 pm
- Imageswift9 April 2020 - 6:03 pm
- Imageemergency9 April 2020 - 5:57 pm