Gospel Musician Jimmy Gait, on Wednesday, revealed that Murang'a Woman Representative, Sabina Chege, paid him a visit in India where he is undergoing treatment.
In early August, the musician travelled to the Asian country for his surgery and was hopeful that it would be successful.
Shortly after Chege's visit, Gait revealed that he had undergone numerous tests and that his condition was getting better.
"I am doing well, been through lots of tests and I'm getting better. I should give an update in a day or two," updated the singer.
He went on to add that the politician had visited him together with other Kenyans who flew to India to seek medical care.
The two deliberated on possible reasons why many Kenyans seek treatment in that country and what could be done to make Kenya's health system more efficient.
“Mheshimiwa (Honourable)Sabina Chege came to visit Kenyans who are ailing here in India. She has gathered some good information on why so many Kenyans are coming here and how the government can intervene to improve our Health sector,” continued the musician.
In mid-August, rumours started circulating that the singer was suffering from throat cancer but he quickly shut them down.
Speaking from New Delhi at the time, India, the musician urged those who were spreading the fake news to stop, noting that it was affecting his family.
"I would like to highlight something that I have noticed on social media, that I have come here (India) for cancer treatment and that I have throat cancer. I don't know where that came from.
"I would like to appeal to those spreading those kinds of rumours to kindly desist because we are still doing tests and until the results are out, it's not right to start spreading those kinds of rumours. It is already affecting my family," he stated.
Below is a video of Jimmy Gait rubbishing cancer rumours:
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm