Kenya's history has been full of prints and memories. Some of them happened so long ago that they may have been tucked away, some may not have been that famous, but all of them have been as great as they come.
A visit down the memory lane yielded a few photographs that give a view of the country's pre- and early independence days, a time when the country was, arguably, at its most hopeful.
Here are 14 of the most iconic photos from the 50s and the 60s courtesy of historian Levis Opiyo on Facebook.
- Hitting Back14 July 2020 - 12:01 pm
- Another One14 July 2020 - 11:54 am
- up the ladder14 July 2020 - 11:28 am
- siliver lining?14 July 2020 - 10:27 am
- Comeback14 July 2020 - 10:36 am
- heartbreaking14 July 2020 - 10:08 am
- sad14 July 2020 - 10:04 am
- Interruption14 July 2020 - 9:47 am
- tears14 July 2020 - 9:53 am
- reprieve14 July 2020 - 9:12 am
- Rolled Out14 July 2020 - 8:19 am
- commotion14 July 2020 - 7:48 am