Uhuru's Event Ends in Tragedy for Families as Two Perish
Kenyan families whose kin attended President Uhuru's event on Wednesday, September 11, are in mourning following the demise of two people in a road accident.
K24 TV reported that the grisly road accident at Chepsangor area along Nandi Hills-Chemelil Road claimed two lives instantly and left 16 other people injured.
The occupants of the matatu had reportedly attended the passing-out parade in Eldoret which was presided over by the president.
According to eyewitness accounts, the crash happened at around 8 p.m. when the driver of the matatu swerved to avoid hitting an oncoming bodaboda.
It then rolled several times.
Those who sustained minor injuries were admitted at the Nandi Hills Hospital while those who were severely injured were moved to the Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital for specialised treatment.
The bodies of the deceased were taken to a mortuary in Kapsabet.
Uhuru presided over the passing out parade at Moi Barracks in Eldoret, an institution where over 3,000 soldiers graduated from.
He told the soldiers that their career entailed continuous training as well as personal sacrifice in a fast-changing security and defence environment.
- 16 November 2019 - 10:04 pm
- 16 November 2019 - 8:22 pm
- 16 November 2019 - 9:06 pm
- 16 November 2019 - 7:52 pm
- 16 November 2019 - 9:29 pm
- 16 November 2019 - 6:31 pm
- 16 November 2019 - 7:21 pm
- 16 November 2019 - 6:00 pm
- 16 November 2019 - 3:58 pm
- 16 November 2019 - 5:54 pm
- 16 November 2019 - 5:10 pm
- 16 November 2019 - 2:26 pm