The Cabinet on Thursday, September 12, announced an immediate ban on adoption of children by foreign nationals.
A special Cabinet meeting at State House, Nairobi chaired by President Uhuru Kenyatta and attended by Deputy President William Ruto also directed the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection to formulate a new policy document to regulate the adoption of children by foreign nationals in Kenya.
The meeting also directed the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection to streamline operations of the Child Welfare Society of Kenya and those of children homes in the country.
On infrastructure, the Cabinet approved Kshs 6.9 billion for the development of an Inland Container Depot, Railway Marshalling Yard, Logistics Zone and Public Utility Area as well as other core enabling infrastructure to support the development of the Naivasha Special Economic Zone and the impending completion of Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) phase 2A.
The Cabinet also approved the hosting of the upcoming Nairobi Summit of the 25th International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD 25).
The summit that will be held from 12th to 14th November 2019 is expected to attract over 6,000 delegates from 179 countries.
The summit is set to project a positive image and solidify the country’s position as an ideal conference and aviation hub, a move that will boost Kenya’s tourism sector.
According to the Adoption Law, every foreigner wishing to adopt a child should be sponsored by social or child welfare agency recognized by the Government of the country in which the foreigner is resident.
The foreign enlisted agency shall also sent a copy of the application as well as all the prescribed documents including a home study report enclosed with it to the Child Welfare Society of Kenya (CWSK) duly Notarized by Notary Public whose signature would be duly attested either by an officer of the Ministry of External Affairs or justice or Social Welfare of the Country of foreigner or by an officer of Kenyan embassy or High Commission or Consulate in that country.
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm