Former Kiambu Governor William Kabogo has come out to sensationally claim the tension between President Uhuru Kenyatta and his Deputy William Ruto is not a new thing.
Kabogo who was speaking during the KTN show 'Point-Blank' claimed that the two almost went their separate ways in 2013.
He stated that the DP had made a U-turn in his support for President Kenyatta in 2013 after he had decided to back Amani National Congress (ANC) leader Musalia Mudavadi for the top seat.
The former county head claimed he confronted Ruto for misleading Uhuru to give up his presidential candidacy when he maintained his running-mate slot.
Kabogo stated that the pressure to have Uhuru out of the race was major because of the cases against them at the International Criminal Court (ICC), which was touching the two.
“I believe Kenyatta was put under immense pressure by interested parties. We went to his place and spent 10 to 15 hours talking with him,
“Ruto came and I was offended with him because he had agreed to give out Uhuru’s candidacy but maintained his,” he added.
Kabogo wondered why the DP was not ready to opt out of the race but backed Uhuru’s decision to support Mudavadi instead.
He further stated that President Uhuru and ODM leader Raila Odinga should consider retiring from politics in order to save the country from a possible acrimonious contest.
The flamboyant politician also asked Ruto to reconsider his bid to run for the top seat as part of the country’s efforts to heal.
- Insecurity26 September 2022 - 2:49 pm
- Inspiring26 September 2022 - 2:32 pm
- chaos26 September 2022 - 12:13 pm
- New Responsibility26 September 2022 - 12:17 pm
- Remarkable26 September 2022 - 1:56 pm
- Reprieve26 September 2022 - 11:30 am
- The Truth26 September 2022 - 10:48 am
- Directive26 September 2022 - 10:21 am
- tragedy26 September 2022 - 8:34 am
- Damage Control26 September 2022 - 7:47 am
- Orders26 September 2022 - 7:19 am
- Sad25 September 2022 - 8:03 pm