The Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI), on Thursday, October 3, uncovered a syndicate of car robbers based in Tanzania.
The daring criminals reportedly stole 3 cars and a motorbike from Muthangari Police Station in Kenya and ferried them across the border and into Tanzania.
According to their statements, the DCI carried out a 4-day covert operation in Tanzania in a bid to nab the entire network of robbers
They announced the recovery of three motor vehicles, as well as a motorcycle stolen during the daring heist.
"Detectives in a Four-Day Operation there. Recoveries are; KCH 608S Toyota AXIO, KCV 145L Toyota ISIS, KBU 418C Mitsubishi Lorry(FH) & KMEM 280Z Red BOXER," DCI announced.
The vehicles were duly ferried back to Kenya, with DCI revealing that they were tracing the vehicles back to their rightful owners.
Interpol detectives were roped into the investigations as well, with DCI officers claiming the car-theft syndicate had a global reach which they used to sell off their loot.
The latest recovery comes just a day after three of their officers were arrested for smuggling bhang.
In a statement, DCI explained that the suspects were nabbed along Garissa-Thika Highway with Ksh239,500 and 245 kilograms of bhang.
The three suspects were identified as PC Japhet Fondo, PC Bob Otieno & APC Michael Mwangi.
- pressing26 February 2021 - 7:29 pm
- Change of Command26 February 2021 - 7:57 pm
- Boosted26 February 2021 - 7:31 pm
- unfortunate26 February 2021 - 7:48 pm
- justice26 February 2021 - 6:23 pm
- Upgrade26 February 2021 - 7:40 pm
- Caution26 February 2021 - 6:22 pm
- warning26 February 2021 - 5:43 pm
- let peace prevail26 February 2021 - 4:52 pm
- Happy26 February 2021 - 4:37 pm
- revealed26 February 2021 - 3:54 pm
- Update26 February 2021 - 5:10 pm