Drama ensued at City Hall on Wednesday, October 9 as MCAs stuck to their guns insisting that embattled Nairobi County Speaker Beatrice Elachi should vacate from office..
The embattled speaker had earlier on made a forceful comeback to office, reclaiming her seat with a special message to Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko.
Violence broke soon after Elachi took over accompanied by a group of youths.
Elachi locked herself in the office, leaving the group of MCAs outside where they clashed with those supporting her return.
Dozens of anti-riot police officers were also deployed outside City Hall, where teargas was lobbed to disperse the rival groups.
“She will not be a speaker here,” Jubilee Majority Leader Abdi Guyo declared, amid the running battles.
Business was temporarily interrupted as the MCAs wrestled on the corridors, with those opposed to Elachi saying she must vacate.
The embittered speaker in a live TV interview accused Guyo of chairing her frustrations. Elachi also accused police officers at City Hall of siding with the MCAs who want her out of office.
The ward representatives went on rampage breaking pieces of furniture engaging in fistfights.
Elachi has maintained that she is still the speaker of Nairobi City County Assembly and that she won't be threeatened into abandoning her sit.
- Mind at Work10 July 2020 - 12:13 pm
- breaking the bank10 July 2020 - 11:58 am
- helping hand10 July 2020 - 11:37 am
- Money Bags10 July 2020 - 10:53 am
- chosen few10 July 2020 - 10:23 am
- Changes10 July 2020 - 9:51 am
- face the music10 July 2020 - 9:03 am
- Under Siege10 July 2020 - 8:41 am
- decision10 July 2020 - 8:20 am
- Alert10 July 2020 - 7:30 am
- Opulence10 July 2020 - 7:11 am
- Revealed10 July 2020 - 8:14 am