Eldoret town came to a standstill on Saturday, October 12 when fans celebrated Eliud Kipchoge's victory in Vienna, Austria, becoming the first man to run 42 kilometres in under two hours.
The fans who had gathered in watch centres and the central business district jumped in joy as Kipchoge crossed the finish line.
The crowd made up of thousands of people moved through the town singing praises to the marathon champion after he pulled an amazing feat.
The mammoth crowd cheered along as Kipchoge waved to the camera in Viena on his way to beating the INEOS 1:59 Challenge.
Streets in Eldoret were impassable as the crowd moved through the town in joy.
Fans on social media also sent their congratulatory messages with most of them feeling proud of Kipchoge for accomplishing what no man had ever done.
Through the hashtag, #Eliud159 Kenyans and fans all over the world wrote their thoughts on the achievement as they witnessed the milestone.
"Eliud Kipchoge went through the marathon finish line in just one hour, 59 minutes and 40 seconds. His wife had never seen his race in person before, she has now!" BBC Sport wrote.
The International Association for Athletics Federations (IAAF) wrote, " 1:59:40! Congratulations Eliud Kipchoge."
Business mogul Chris Kirubi also jumped in and revealed that at a young age, Kipchoge had made history by setting an incredible record.
Kenya Airports Authority also sent their congratulatory messages with fans responding to their post by suggesting that the Eldoret International Airport should be renamed to Eliud Kipchoge International Airport.
Below is the video courtesy of Daily Nation:
- buried hatchet1 June 2020 - 4:22 pm
- costly outing1 June 2020 - 3:48 pm
- congratulations1 June 2020 - 3:43 pm
- Almost normal1 June 2020 - 2:54 pm
- past lessons1 June 2020 - 2:32 pm
- extra-judicial1 June 2020 - 2:08 pm
- Score card1 June 2020 - 1:50 pm
- here's Why1 June 2020 - 1:06 pm
- Spotted1 June 2020 - 12:09 pm
- in person1 June 2020 - 12:04 pm
- Punishment1 June 2020 - 11:37 am
- Anticipations1 June 2020 - 11:38 am