Nairobi Woman Representative Esther Muthoni Passaris, on Saturday, October 12, flew from Nairobi to Mombasa to surprise her 77-year-old father.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, the MP stated that she travelled to Mombasa to surprise her father, Eleftherious Passaris, whose birthday was on Tuesday, October 8.
"I came down with a cake from Nairobi because he likes chocolate cake. It was not very easy to carry a 2kg cake on my hands because of my back problem," Passaris narrated.
The woman rep disclosed that her father was a bit lonely since her mother had travelled to India to receive treatment.
"All of a sudden, three months ago, my mother was diagnosed with cancer. She had a huge tumour in her colon that had busted," she narrated.
Further, Passaris described her father as a strict parent, who always made sure that they did the right thing.
"My father was very strict, he had four daughters and one son. Even when we used to go to the disco, he would be there watching us from the side.
"He was very hands-on and very protective. He used to have an extension in his bedroom when our friends would call us, we would say the big ear is on the phone (referring to her father). He would be listening to our conversations," she disclosed amid laughter.
- buried hatchet1 June 2020 - 4:22 pm
- costly outing1 June 2020 - 3:48 pm
- congratulations1 June 2020 - 3:43 pm
- Almost normal1 June 2020 - 2:54 pm
- past lessons1 June 2020 - 2:32 pm
- extra-judicial1 June 2020 - 2:08 pm
- Score card1 June 2020 - 1:50 pm
- here's Why1 June 2020 - 1:06 pm
- Spotted1 June 2020 - 12:09 pm
- in person1 June 2020 - 12:04 pm
- Punishment1 June 2020 - 11:37 am
- Anticipations1 June 2020 - 11:38 am