KTN presenter Tony Gachoka was on Thursday, October 17, arraigned in court and released on Ksh50,000 cash bail after the drama at the Diani Airstrip in Kwale.
Gachoka who is the host of Pointblank had been arrested on Wednesday evening, October 16, as he tried to board a Nairobi-bound flight while carrying alcohol.
He was released after denying public nuisance charges.
Appearing before Principal Magistrate Joe Omido, Gachoka was also charged with refusing to be screened at the airstrip's checking point.
According to Citizen Digital, he faced another charge of being intoxicated at the airstrip.
Gachoka reportedly became rowdy and hurled insults at some of the passengers who tried to restore calmness amidst the drama.
Msambweni OCPD Nehemiah Bitok who confirmed that the TV show host contravened the airline’s regulations.
The case will be heard on Friday, October 25, 2019.
In 2015, Gachoka was banned from appearing as a guest on Jeff Koinange Live (JKL), which aired on KTN at the time, after he allegedly turned up intoxicated and uttered defamatory statements against senior government officials.
- not yet uhuru6 June 2020 - 6:02 pm
- get ready6 June 2020 - 5:20 pm
- full speech6 June 2020 - 4:13 pm
- Gradual6 June 2020 - 4:15 pm
- Not yet over6 June 2020 - 3:47 pm
- free to move6 June 2020 - 3:37 pm
- Anxious6 June 2020 - 2:40 pm
- smart leader6 June 2020 - 2:56 pm
- unfortunate6 June 2020 - 2:30 pm
- Soaring6 June 2020 - 3:28 pm
- honour6 June 2020 - 2:10 pm
- Insider6 June 2020 - 1:55 pm