Mombasa Governor Ali Hassan Joho, on Saturday, October 19, threw a lavish party for celebrated Kenyan heroes, including Eliud Kipchoge.
Photos doing rounds on social media showed the attendees in an upbeat mood as they ate, drank and socialized.
Among those who were present at the dinner were; Sports, Culture and Heritage CS Amina Mohamed, Nairobi Woman Representative Esther Passaris, and Mvita MP Abdullswamad Shariff Nassir.
Kipchoge caused a lot of speculation after jetting into Mombasa on Saturday morning.
The 34-year-old athlete, who recently made history after running a marathon in under two hours, was flown from Eldoret by the Kenya Forest Service (KFS).
Through its Twitter page, KFS revealed that they had the honour of flying the celebrated marathoner to the Coastal city, adding that he often trains at Kaptagat Forest.
While it was not immediately clear why Kipchoge had flown to Mombasa, netizens couldn't help but speculate.
This year's Mashujaa Day celebrations will be held Waterfront Park in Mombasa and during the event, Kenyans who have made great strides in different fields are feted.
As such, social media users were left wondering if he was going to be given a Head of State Commendation (HSC) by President Uhuru Kenyatta.
Shortly after Kipchoge won the INEOS 1:59 challenge, State House Digital Director Dennis Itumbi suggested that he should be given the award.
Here are the photos:
- long time31 October 2020 - 7:53 pm
- latest report31 October 2020 - 6:18 pm
- medical appeal31 October 2020 - 6:30 pm
- defended31 October 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Brutal Encounter31 October 2020 - 5:37 pm
- Deep Pockets31 October 2020 - 4:01 pm
- Not cool31 October 2020 - 3:25 pm
- dare you!31 October 2020 - 3:34 pm
- Details31 October 2020 - 2:21 pm
- newly built31 October 2020 - 2:22 pm
- from me to you31 October 2020 - 1:22 pm
- Turn Around31 October 2020 - 12:09 pm