Kenya Television Network (KTN) show host Tony Gachoka opted to hire a private aircraft on Saturday, October 19, after he was arrested at Diani Airstrip in Kwale County on Wednesday, October 16.
Taking to Twitter, the Point Blank show host disclosed that he flew alone from Diani to Mombasa to attend the Mashujaa Day celebrations.
Gachoka went on to add that he imbibed an expensive drink during his trip.
"Today I flew solo, private had a glass of champagne by the way, as I continued to enjoy my holiday in Diani.
"I flew over the Indian Ocean on my way to watch Mashuja Day tomorrow. No police are allowed," he posted on Saturday, October 19.
Social media users were left wondering whether it was an indirect attack targetting the officers who apprehended him.
Gachoka was briefly detained for causing disturbance after he was barred from boarding a plane with alcoholic drinks.
Msambweni OCPD Nehemiah Bitok explained that he became rowdy as he demanded to board the flight, adding that he was carrying alcoholic drinks in hand and some in his bag, contrary to the airline’s regulations.
On Thursday, October 17, Gachoka was arraigned at a Kwale magistrate court. However, he denied the charges and was released on a cash bail of Ksh50,000.
Watch the video below:
- not yet uhuru6 June 2020 - 6:02 pm
- get ready6 June 2020 - 5:20 pm
- full speech6 June 2020 - 4:13 pm
- Gradual6 June 2020 - 4:15 pm
- Not yet over6 June 2020 - 3:47 pm
- free to move6 June 2020 - 3:37 pm
- Anxious6 June 2020 - 2:40 pm
- smart leader6 June 2020 - 2:56 pm
- unfortunate6 June 2020 - 2:30 pm
- Soaring6 June 2020 - 3:28 pm
- honour6 June 2020 - 2:10 pm
- Insider6 June 2020 - 1:55 pm