Senate Majority Leader Kipchumba Murkomen, on Thursday, October 24, took a swipe at Central Organisations of Trade Unions (COTU) Secretary General Francis Atwoli after he made a stunt on Citizen TV.
The outspoken COTU leader had caused quite a stir on the night of Wednesday, October 24, after tossing his expensive iPhone Max 11 valued at Ksh170,000 during a live interview with Jeff Koinange.
While responding to Kenyans who complained about Atwoli's stunt, Murkomen insinuated that he (Atwoli) was spoilt and that the COTU boss new 'workers will pay' for it.
"What are you complaining about? Workers will pay," he urged Kenyans alongside Atwoli's video.
So dramatic was the phone toss, that Koinange's attempt to catch it midair did not help, as it zoomed past him and hit the other side of the studio with a resounding thud.
Atwoli explained that he was annoyed that someone tried to call him during the interview. The action had seeminlgy angered a number of Kenyans who wondered how wealthy he was to publicly carry out such a stunt. Some even insinuated that he was misappropriating Kenyan workers' funds.
"Tungependa kutumia iyo phone (We would like to use that phone) even if for one week tutarudisha (we shall return)... si tupewe tu (Can we be given?) kama Francis Atwoli we promise," stated Paul Maundu.
"Francis Atwoli threw his iPhone11 because someone called him on air. The brilliance is just on another level," commented another user.
"Jeff Koinange, look for some other personalities to interview. Atwoli has become too much," adviced Ngure Paul after the stunt.
Watch as the COTU boss throws his phone away at Citizen TV studios:
- Tough times5 February 2023 - 8:38 pm
- Unbothered5 February 2023 - 7:38 pm
- Unlawful5 February 2023 - 6:31 pm
- Victory5 February 2023 - 7:56 pm
- Be Careful5 February 2023 - 7:19 pm
- Journey5 February 2023 - 6:51 pm
- CREDITS5 February 2023 - 5:55 pm
- Lanes5 February 2023 - 3:41 pm
- Accident5 February 2023 - 4:41 pm
- take note5 February 2023 - 3:30 pm
- Thirsty Days Ahead5 February 2023 - 4:17 pm
- Strategy5 February 2023 - 3:01 pm