Interior CS Fred Matiang'i on Thursday, October 24 surprised KCPE and KCSE students of Utawala Academy when he brought them success cards.
It was indeed a kind gesture from the CS and his office as they joined the rest of the country to wish the students all the best in the national exams.
Matiang'i advised the students to conduct themselves in a decent manner during the examination period and encouraged them to do their very best.
An officer from the ministry told Kenyans.co.ke that CS Matiang'i held a meeting with teachers from the school, where he urged them to ensure the exams were conducted in a free and fair manner.
He assured students of security during the examinations period.
Matiang'i reiterated that officers from the Ministry of Interior and Kenya Police would work in liaison to offer support to the Ministry of Education.
The KCSE kicked off with practicals on Tuesday, October 22, whereas the KCPE is scheduled to begin on October 28, 2019.
On October 14, Matiang'i and ministry of Education CS, George Magoha presided over the preparation for the national exams consultation summit that was held at the Kenya School of Government.
They issued a stern warning against exam related irregularities and outlined the joint measures put in place to curb the menace and punish those caught cheating or aiding in cheating.
- Under Siege7 July 2020 - 7:25 am
- one more hurdle7 July 2020 - 7:34 am
- oops6 July 2020 - 8:57 pm
- comical6 July 2020 - 7:04 pm
- aluta continua6 July 2020 - 6:42 pm
- Moves6 July 2020 - 6:30 pm
- Comeback6 July 2020 - 5:52 pm
- Ray of Hope6 July 2020 - 4:44 pm
- latest6 July 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Soaring6 July 2020 - 4:26 pm
- Reactions6 July 2020 - 4:03 pm
- frontliners6 July 2020 - 3:22 pm