Citizen TV's Hussein Mohamed's last show on Tuesday, October 29 at the Royal Media Services-owned station elicited an overwhelming outpouring of emotions.
Kenyans took to various social media pages to express their parting shots as well as remarks.
"Thanks for the time you have been in royal media service, you were a great model, somehow mentor, you impacted Kenyans in a positive way. You're character and presentation was amazing, how I wish that may God continues to bless you in your endeavours. May God raises you higher and higher," Millicent Kamoni posted on Facebook.
The award-winning news anchor had been hosting the popular Newsnight show every Tuesday, before which he hosted the Big Question news segment.
"I wish you all the best wherever you are going to, much more, I will miss you in that studio," Alfonse Otieno shared on Facebook.
In his highly anticipated final show, Mohamed will moderate a discussion pitting Senate Majority Leader Kipchumba Murkomen against National Assembly Minority Leader John Mbadi.
His loyal following started a #ThankyouHussein, where they shared various nostalgic messages.
"All-time mentor. His authoritative interviews on key politicians mixed with the best humour will be missed," Elvis shared on facebook.
Mohamed's next destination is still unknown, with many expecting him to make the announcement after officially ending his 10-year stint at Citizen TV.
Here are a few screen grabs of some of the comments sent out to Hussein Mohamed:
- Unfortunate23 January 2021 - 7:04 pm
- alma mater23 January 2021 - 5:54 pm
- latest report23 January 2021 - 4:56 pm
- Rewind23 January 2021 - 5:32 pm
- Shut down23 January 2021 - 4:01 pm
- In Need23 January 2021 - 3:06 pm
- accused23 January 2021 - 2:17 pm
- High Life23 January 2021 - 1:23 pm
- money makers23 January 2021 - 1:53 pm
- RIP23 January 2021 - 11:58 am
- touching23 January 2021 - 12:19 pm
- backlash23 January 2021 - 10:57 am