Citizen TV news anchor Hussein Mohamed has called it quits after a stellar career at the country's most-watched broadcaster.
The celebrated journalist announced his exit on Twitter on Friday, October 4, indicating that he intended to concentrate on "other matters".
"It has been a wonderful 10 years at Citizen TV. I have enjoyed & relished every moment I shared with my colleagues at RMS.
I have decided to take a break after October In Sha Allah to concentrate on other matters. Loved the fans, the critics & everything in between. See you soon," he posted on his Twitter page.
The news anchor hosted News Night, where he mostly interviewed politicians on prime time news every Tuesday.
Before that, he hosted The Big Question alongside former Citizen TV news anchor Janet Mbugua.
Leaders Hussein has interviewed include; President Uhuru Kenyatta, Deputy President William Ruto and ODM leader Raila Odinga.
Hussein's fans took to his Twitter page to wish him well following his announcement.
"All the best Hussein. You've always been my favorite anchor on prime time news with your in-depth interviews. Good luck," Alfred Mwanzu wrote.
"Who will handle the DP now? Too bad," Toven Omondi questioned.
"Waah... your shoe size is too big, who will replace," Alphone Kipkoech weighed in.
Below is Hussein Mohamed's most-watched videos on YouTube, immortalising a prank on him by heavily-pregnant co-host Janet Mbugua.
- Unfortunate23 January 2021 - 7:04 pm
- alma mater23 January 2021 - 5:54 pm
- latest report23 January 2021 - 4:56 pm
- Rewind23 January 2021 - 5:32 pm
- Shut down23 January 2021 - 4:01 pm
- In Need23 January 2021 - 3:06 pm
- accused23 January 2021 - 2:17 pm
- High Life23 January 2021 - 1:23 pm
- money makers23 January 2021 - 1:53 pm
- RIP23 January 2021 - 11:58 am
- touching23 January 2021 - 12:19 pm
- backlash23 January 2021 - 10:57 am