Jeff Koinange is a household name in Kenya's media industry, however, very little is known about his wife.
The JKLive show host is married to Shaila Koinange, who he has managed to keep from the limelight.
A Standard Media Group publication discloses that Shaila is a Kenyan of Asian origin and the two met in 1986 while auditioning to be flight attendants for Pan American World Airways.
According to his autobiography, Through My African Eyes, the two were later married in 1998, after having to postpone their wedding because terrorists bombed the US Embassy in Nairobi.
"The bombing forced us to cancel our wedding and put it on hold. We had already made plans for our honeymoon," Jeff narrated.
He married Shaila four years after he separated with his first wife, Sonya, a Panamanian, in 1994.
The couple is blessed with one child, Jamal Mbiyu Koinange who was conceived after a nine-struggle.
The autobiography goes on to disclose that the Citizen TV journalist and his wife had been through countless methods trying to conceive and had practically given up on the idea of ever having children.
“We had practically given up until Jimmy Monclus Maleketa, a half Spanish, half Congolese friend we met in Lagos suggested we try invitro-fertilization (IVF) at a renowned fertility clinic in Barcelona, Spain,” Jeff wrote.
However, two weeks after inserting Shaila’s fertilized eggs back into her womb, the pregnancy test results came back positive, affirming that Shaila was pregnant.
Their child, Jamal, was born in South Africa and went on to meet iconic African leaders like Nelson Mandela and Thabo Mbeki.
Jeff has since kept his family fairly private, except for the occasional holiday pictures with his son and wife.terrorist
- Clarified4 February 2023 - 8:10 pm
- Procedure4 February 2023 - 7:53 pm
- Plead4 February 2023 - 7:42 pm
- Change of Mind4 February 2023 - 7:28 pm
- Take Note4 February 2023 - 6:51 pm
- Meditated4 February 2023 - 6:39 pm
- Expanded Clientele4 February 2023 - 5:58 pm
- Nick of Time4 February 2023 - 5:15 pm
- Explained4 February 2023 - 6:20 pm
- Explained4 February 2023 - 5:58 pm
- CONGRATULATIONS4 February 2023 - 5:32 pm
- EXPLAINED4 February 2023 - 4:43 pm