Former Kakamega Senator Boni Khalwale on Thursday, November 7, surprised Kenyans after he reportedly engaged rowdy youth in Kibra.
In photos that went viral online, Khalwale was seen ducking a huge rock that was being thrown at him by an angry resident.
The Jubilee faithful had visited DC Grounds to check on the progress on the ongoing by-election but was not received kindly.
Another photo showed the visibly angry Khalwale with two sizeable rocks in his hands which were ostensibly supposed to help defend himself.
In a video that went viral, Khalwale, who had refused to leave after orders from rowdy youth, resolved to beat the residents at their own game.
Many expected him to flee but the former senator decided to stand his ground and fight back.
Earlier in the day, Jubilee Kibra candidate McDonald Mariga had suffered the same fate when he visited a polling station in Ayan Primary School.
Mariga, who arrived at the scene in the company of police, was chased away minutes after he arrived.
The situation took a rather ugly turn as police were forced to shoot in the air to disperse the rowdy crowd.
The former footballer drove off closely, followed by the rest of his entourage.
- surrender12 August 2020 - 8:18 pm
- road carnage12 August 2020 - 8:14 pm
- boost12 August 2020 - 7:11 pm
- painful12 August 2020 - 7:10 pm
- no more patience12 August 2020 - 6:41 pm
- all angles12 August 2020 - 6:23 pm
- Nabbed12 August 2020 - 5:56 pm
- big man bazu12 August 2020 - 6:09 pm
- Gikomba Chaos12 August 2020 - 5:33 pm
- pimp my ride12 August 2020 - 4:50 pm
- Strength of a Woman12 August 2020 - 4:57 pm
- loading12 August 2020 - 3:58 pm