Wiper Party leader, Kalonzo Musyoka was on Monday, November 11, mentioned as a person of interest in a murder case hearing that was held in Meru.
According to reports by Nation, the former VP's name came up when the key suspect in the ongoing murder probe - Joseph King’ori M’Ikamati, appeared in court.
He went on to tell Resident Judge Alfred Mabeya that he believed the former Mwingi North MP had vested interests in the contentious 2000-acre piece of land, whose battle for ownership left one dead and scores injured.
“When this report was filed and a police investigation undertaken, the arrest and prosecution of suspects began but was stopped allegedly through the influence of the deputy county commissioner and Kalonzo Musyoka,” he told the judge
Through lawyer Kirimi Mbogo, the suspect claimed that the land in Amung’enti ‘D’ adjudication area belongs to five Meru clans but that Musyoka sits on it through proxies.
He further claimed that prior to the killing, groups that enjoy Musyoka's support met at Nthanjene and Tumu Tumu police posts, took an oath and vowed to evict all farmers from the area.
The court will rule on Tuesday, November 12 whether or not the former VP will be required to write a statement on the matter.
Back on October 8, the Wiper party leader condemned panga attacks allegedly targeting members of the Kamba community living in Igembe South, Meru county.
He went on to state that violence had no place in modern society and urged authorities to act fast and end what appeared to be land clashes.
- changes12 July 2020 - 3:36 pm
- skilled12 July 2020 - 4:17 pm
- discord12 July 2020 - 2:57 pm
- Mansion Tour12 July 2020 - 2:52 pm
- Go Ahead12 July 2020 - 2:13 pm
- 1+112 July 2020 - 1:59 pm
- big break12 July 2020 - 1:46 pm
- Compensation12 July 2020 - 12:41 pm
- shining12 July 2020 - 12:10 pm
- The Truth12 July 2020 - 12:03 pm
- sad12 July 2020 - 11:32 am
- Differences12 July 2020 - 10:06 am