Imran Hits the Ground With a Bang [PHOTOS]
Kibra MP-elect Benard 'Imran' Okoth on Tuesday, November 12, 2019, started working for his constituents even before being sworn in.
In a Facebook post, Imran updated his followers on what he had been up to.
"I've started working to ensure that I deliver on the promises I made during campaigns. I inspected the ongoing works earlier today to ensure that I meet the target," he posted.
"One key promise was to hand over Kibera Secondary School within 100 days in office," Imran informed.
During his campaigns, Imran had pledged to continue in his late brother Ken Okoth's footsteps. The departed leader had coined a slogan that implied that better access to education would alleviate crime- Build a school, close a jail.
He had therefore promised to complete the construction of Kibra Secondary School.
Imran won the November 7 Kibra polls by a landslide beating his opponent, Jubilee candidate McDonald Mariga.
Mariga conceded defeat via a phone call before the results were officially released by Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC).
Imran garnered 24,636 votes with Jubilee's Mariga coming in second with 11,230 votes.
- 15 December 2019 - 2:52 pm
- 15 December 2019 - 2:10 pm
- 15 December 2019 - 1:11 pm
- 15 December 2019 - 12:53 pm
- 15 December 2019 - 12:54 pm
- 15 December 2019 - 11:50 am
- 15 December 2019 - 11:54 am
- 15 December 2019 - 11:32 am
- 15 December 2019 - 11:16 am
- 15 December 2019 - 11:43 am
- 15 December 2019 - 10:11 am
- 15 December 2019 - 9:44 am