Kimilili MP Didmus Barasa on Thursday, November 14, found himself on the receiving end, after he made a remark about Wajir Woman Representative Fatuma Gedi that many Kenyans thought was in bad taste.
Taking to social media, Barasa posted Ms Gedi's court document dated April 16, 2019, exposing her custody battle with husband Mohamed Abdi Omar.
"It is hereby ordered that the respondent (Fatman Gedi) hand over the children Asha Mohammed Abdi, Abdmalik Mohammed Abdi and Abdikadir Mohammed Abdi to the petitioner to stay with them for the remainder of the April school holiday 2019," an excerpt of the court document read.
While captioning the documents, the Kimilili MP asked Inua Mama leaders help find Ms Gedi a spouse.
"Hon Fatuma Gedi you forgot your below document in Kibra. Rehema Jaldesa, Cate Waruguru and Wangui Ngirici, please rally KEWOPA to combine forces with Inua Mama to assist Gedi get another husband," he posted.
A section of Kenyans who saw Barasa's post was not to pleased by his remarks.
"It's evident the cap was covering a pumpkin head!" Onesmus Muli expressed.
"Military men are brave. They fight their fellow male colleagues and not women. You had an opportunity to fight Arati, now you resort to personal attacks on a woman? Dismas Ombuya questioned.
"These are family issues, just be a gentleman and leave personal lives alone," Jared Okungu weighed in.
"Didmus is just being honest am surprised the truth has become an insult," Dan Ongeri noted.
"This is petty and beneath you!" Linda commented.
"When grown men fight juvenile battles. This is a low one for Tanga Tanga," Moses Shauri stated.
- ImageBright Side1 April 2020 - 12:01 pm
- Imagesad1 April 2020 - 12:22 pm
- ImageHeartwarming1 April 2020 - 11:39 am
- ImageWhere are they?1 April 2020 - 11:21 am
- Imagerebuke1 April 2020 - 10:30 am
- Imagebrighter days1 April 2020 - 10:21 am
- Imageexposed1 April 2020 - 9:51 am
- ImageCovid-191 April 2020 - 9:32 am
- Imageunfortunate1 April 2020 - 9:16 am
- Imageheartbreaking1 April 2020 - 8:38 am
- Imagenick of time1 April 2020 - 7:58 am
- ImageMy Take1 April 2020 - 7:33 am