ODM Party leader Raila Odinga updated Kenyans on the health of the party’s Deputy Leader and Mombasa Governor Ali Hassan Joho.
Taking to Twitter, on November 16, Odinga stated that the governor's health had improved after he was discharged from Mombasa Hospital on Friday, 9, November.
“Visited Governor Hassan Joho at his Vipingo residence to wish him a quick recovery following his recent hospitalization after a bout of Malaria. It was good seeing him in good spirits,” read the tweet.
The county chief also expressed his gratitude in hosting the opposition leader.
"It was my pleasure to receive the Right Honourable Raila Amolo Odinga. It is always a privilege to meet you my party leader and mentor," Joho posted.
Kenyans were not left behind in wishing the Mombasa governor full recovery.
Details of the governor’s illness and admission at Mombasa Hospital got to the public on November 8 after spending 5 days receiving treatment in the facility.
Due to the illness, Governor Joho’s absence had been easily noticeable, especially in drumming support for ODM’s candidate in the recent Kibra Constituency by-election, Imran Okoth who clinched the highly-contested poll.
Some of the key figures who visited governor Joho at the facility include former Nigeria President Olusegun Obasanjo who joined other Kenyans in wishing him a quick recovery.
- new protocols8 July 2020 - 5:00 pm
- edged out8 July 2020 - 5:21 pm
- home comforts8 July 2020 - 4:11 pm
- Raft of Measures8 July 2020 - 4:08 pm
- spilling beans8 July 2020 - 3:36 pm
- torment8 July 2020 - 2:25 pm
- Presidential Appeal8 July 2020 - 2:34 pm
- showdown8 July 2020 - 2:24 pm
- way out?8 July 2020 - 1:41 pm
- listen...8 July 2020 - 1:35 pm
- easy steps8 July 2020 - 1:29 pm
- Surge8 July 2020 - 1:03 pm