Marathon champion Eliud Kipchoge was on Saturday, November 16, awarded a brand new vehicle worth Ksh4.1 million.
Kipchoge was feted after an impressive show in Vienna, where he became the first human to run a 42km marathon in under two hours.
The vehicle presented to Kipchoge had the number plates KCW 159V symbolic to his achievement of 1:59 and V for the venue that the race was held, Vienna.
"Kenyan Champion of World (KCW) 159 Vienna," Felo Cerruti tried to explain.
"Kipchoge Champion of the world (KCW) 159 Vienna," Rastan Cosco's coined.
"Car registration KCW 159 INEOS," Willie Kibet weighed in.
"KCW (Kip Choge Wetu) 159 Viena," Asmani commented.
"Number plates speak a lot. Good one," Yegon expressed.
"Number plate 159 represent his record," Paul Kariuki opined.
The event was held on Saturday, October 12 at 9:15am Kenyan time, in Vienna, the capital city of Austria.
It wasn't the first time Kipchoge tried to break the two-hour barrier, having come up short by 26 seconds when he clocked 2:00:25 during the Nike Breaking2 project, on the Monza Formula 1 racetrack near Milan, Italy on May 6, 2017.
He had compared running the sub-two-hour marathon to going to the moon.
“I am running to make history, to show that no human is limited. It’s not about money, it’s about showing a generation of people that there are no limits,” Kipchoge had stated.
Below are more comments;
- Mind at Work10 July 2020 - 12:13 pm
- breaking the bank10 July 2020 - 11:58 am
- helping hand10 July 2020 - 11:37 am
- Money Bags10 July 2020 - 10:53 am
- chosen few10 July 2020 - 10:23 am
- Changes10 July 2020 - 9:51 am
- face the music10 July 2020 - 9:03 am
- Under Siege10 July 2020 - 8:41 am
- decision10 July 2020 - 8:20 am
- Alert10 July 2020 - 7:30 am
- Opulence10 July 2020 - 7:11 am
- Revealed10 July 2020 - 8:14 am