Marathon champion Eliud Kipchoge was on Saturday, November 16, awarded a brand new vehicle worth Ksh4.1 million.
Kipchoge was feted after an impressive show in Vienna, where he became the first human to run a 42km marathon in under two hours.
The vehicle presented to Kipchoge had the number plates KCW 159V symbolic to his achievement of 1:59 and V for the venue that the race was held, Vienna.
"Kenyan Champion of World (KCW) 159 Vienna," Felo Cerruti tried to explain.
"Kipchoge Champion of the world (KCW) 159 Vienna," Rastan Cosco's coined.
"Car registration KCW 159 INEOS," Willie Kibet weighed in.
"KCW (Kip Choge Wetu) 159 Viena," Asmani commented.
"Number plates speak a lot. Good one," Yegon expressed.
"Number plate 159 represent his record," Paul Kariuki opined.
The event was held on Saturday, October 12 at 9:15am Kenyan time, in Vienna, the capital city of Austria.
It wasn't the first time Kipchoge tried to break the two-hour barrier, having come up short by 26 seconds when he clocked 2:00:25 during the Nike Breaking2 project, on the Monza Formula 1 racetrack near Milan, Italy on May 6, 2017.
He had compared running the sub-two-hour marathon to going to the moon.
“I am running to make history, to show that no human is limited. It’s not about money, it’s about showing a generation of people that there are no limits,” Kipchoge had stated.
Below are more comments;
- unfortunate20 October 2021 - 9:33 am
- Clash20 October 2021 - 10:08 am
- Mysterious Fire20 October 2021 - 8:23 am
- Take Action20 October 2021 - 7:33 am
- Triumphant Entry19 October 2021 - 7:54 pm
- REVOKED19 October 2021 - 7:40 pm
- revealed19 October 2021 - 7:18 pm
- Ambitious19 October 2021 - 6:59 pm
- New Direction19 October 2021 - 6:08 pm
- Intervened19 October 2021 - 6:19 pm
- Shame19 October 2021 - 6:38 pm
- Revelations19 October 2021 - 5:31 pm