Ekuru Aukot's Thirdway Alliance Party on Sunday, November 17, unveiled a new venture weeks after its Punguza Mizigo initiative failed.
In what appears to be reinvention tact, Aukot's party shifted its focus to the devolved units, calling on volunteers to sign up for the party's county caucuses, a move Thirdway Alliance insisted was aimed at stopping the mismanagement of state funds.
"Majority of Kenyans agree that the economy of our country has collapsed due to mismanagement. We would like to join hands with patriotic Kenyans to form party county caucuses that will work towards moving this country forward," Thirdway Alliance Part announced in a statement put up on its social media page.
The party county caucuses envisioned by Aukot seeks to streamline management of the counties by mainly scrutinising county and audit reports and demanding accountability from county bosses.
Thirdway Alliance in its new project to put the devolved units to account added that if need be, it will sue public officers indulging in corruption and ensure there's public participation in the enaction of government policies.
Aukot's Punguza Mzigo bill flopped after it failed to be passed in 24 counties as required by the Constitution.
The bill called for the reduction of the cost of running Parliament from the current Ksh36.8 billion to Ksh5 billion per year. A proposal that would have saved taxpayers Ksh31.8 billion.
Also intended in the bill was the reduction of the number of MPs from the current 416 to 147 - making the load lighter, hence the term Punguza Mizigo.
Aukot blamed the flop of the bill on propaganda, alleged bribery of MCAs and a hostile campaign against the bill by major political players.corruption
- chaos17 September 2021 - 7:49 am
- DCI Raid17 September 2021 - 7:21 am
- New directive16 September 2021 - 7:48 pm
- Freedom16 September 2021 - 8:01 pm
- Scammed16 September 2021 - 7:38 pm
- Fury16 September 2021 - 7:29 pm
- Clapback16 September 2021 - 7:29 pm
- OPPORTUNITY16 September 2021 - 6:26 pm
- Central Role16 September 2021 - 6:25 pm
- unfortunate16 September 2021 - 5:41 pm
- Kind-Hearted16 September 2021 - 5:27 pm
- Remarkable16 September 2021 - 5:51 pm