Kenyans were on Monday, November 25, left gutted after a CCTV camera at the Komarock estate phase 5A gate caught a man assaulting a female security guard days after the office of the DPP took action over a similar incident.
The video shows the man was trying to open the gate before the security guard comes to close it.
It appears that the man was angered by the female guard's decision and immediately reacts by mercilessly raining blows on her. This attracted the attention of the people in the area, who came to her rescue.
Kenyans who circulated the video condemned the act and called upon the Directorate of Criminal Investigations and that of the Director of Public Prosecutions to help put an end to this seemingly emerging trend.
"This happened in Komarock phase 5. If you have more details share with the DCI. We have to put an end to this nonsense of men assaulting women. Share Share Share!" a tweet shared by Ma3Route read.
This followed a similar incident on Tuesday, November 23, where a CCTV camera caught a male supervisor assaulting a female cashier at the Eastmatt Supermarket in Kajiado.
A statement from the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions ordered for the arrest of the man later identified as Ibrahim Kiruti Tiraiya after public outcry on Saturday following his initial release.
"ODPP has ordered for the immediate arrest of Ibrahim Taraiya, a supervisor at Eastmatt Supermarket, Kajiado, for assaulting a teller." the order by the DPP read.
Tiraiya was arraigned in court on Monday, November 25, in Kajiado and was remanded till December 7 after the he was denied bond with the DCI arguing that he was a flight risk.
- costly mistake4 August 2020 - 7:51 am
- what happened4 August 2020 - 7:31 am
- Crackdown4 August 2020 - 7:03 am
- Covid-19 effects3 August 2020 - 7:57 pm
- R.I.P3 August 2020 - 7:34 pm
- Insider3 August 2020 - 7:03 pm
- Chaos3 August 2020 - 5:27 pm
- Amazing3 August 2020 - 4:52 pm
- Shattering Ceilings3 August 2020 - 4:13 pm
- Condition3 August 2020 - 2:51 pm
- Alert3 August 2020 - 2:38 pm
- Tough Times3 August 2020 - 3:16 pm