A chief inspector attached to Mbungoni Police Base in Kisauni identified as William Chepkwony was found dead at a bar on Tuesday morning, November 26, 2019.
His lifeless body was found on a seat at local liquor den in Bombululu, Mombasa.
Initial reports by K24 Digital revealed that the officer had received Ksh1 million as compensation for 19 months after his suspension.
Further, Chepkwony is said to have been battling alcoholism, which led to his indictment between March 2015 and September 2016.
His family, while speaking to the publication, stated that the officer had received the lumpsum payment in November 2019.
“We visited him alongside my sister at his workplace, he seemed excited and he promised he would share some of his earnings with us to help us in starting a business.
"However, we never heard from him again until Tuesday when we were called here to be informed of the sad news,” Nickosn Choge, the deceased's son stated.
Choge added that he had on several occasions written to the then Coast Region Police Commander Francis Wanjohi, to have his father transferred to a police station near his home.
Kisauni Sub-county Police Commander Julius Kiragu, while addressing the media at the crime scene on Tuesday, November 26, stated that investigators were looking into the puzzling death.
The body was moved to Coast Provincial General Hospital, with an autopsy to establish the cause of death set to be carried out.
- Imagesuffering abroad10 April 2020 - 7:13 am
- Imagedo's and donts9 April 2020 - 7:55 pm
- Imageabort mission9 April 2020 - 7:05 pm
- Imagekind9 April 2020 - 6:40 pm
- Imagebedlam9 April 2020 - 6:31 pm
- ImageBeware9 April 2020 - 7:11 pm
- ImageGolden Heart9 April 2020 - 6:49 pm
- Imageswift9 April 2020 - 6:03 pm
- Imageemergency9 April 2020 - 5:57 pm
- ImageGhost Whispers9 April 2020 - 6:19 pm
- Imagefunny9 April 2020 - 5:47 pm
- Imageclose shave9 April 2020 - 5:28 pm