Agriculture Cabinet Secretary Mwangi Kiunjuri as per his profile and wealth declaration record submitted before Parliament for vetting is the richest Cabinet Secretary as reported by the Business Daily.
Appearing before the National Assembly Committee on Appointments on December 11, 2015, Kiunjuri revealed before the committee that he was worth around Ksh798 Million.
The former Laikipia East Member of Parliament cited land and buildings in Nanyuki, Sagana and Nairobi as his sources of wealth.
Kiunjuri made his wealth public after the government issued a directive to have all nominees to government positions declare their wealth in a bid to curb corruption. The Business Daily reported that the government had raised concerns over public officials turning into instant millionaires overnight.
The law requires all public officers to declare what they own and liabilities. However, these lists are never made public, watering down the effectiveness of such disclosures in attempts to audit the lives of the officers.
The agriculture CS was closely trailed by Water CS Simon Kiprono Chelugui who declared his personal wealth at Ksh 796 million.
Chelugui, a former director of the Betting Control and Licensing Board, revealed before the Parliamentary committee that he had attained his wealth through his interests in real estate, movable assets, and farming.
ICT Cabinet Secretary Joe Mucheru also joins the list as one of the wealthiest cabinet secretaries in the country.
The former Sub-Saharan Google employee declared his wealth at Ksh500 million with a deferred income of Ksh267 million.
- Listen Up23 November 2020 - 7:58 pm
- Rain Alert23 November 2020 - 7:52 pm
- Innovative23 November 2020 - 7:45 pm
- moving ahead23 November 2020 - 7:16 pm
- Fire Back23 November 2020 - 6:47 pm
- triple tragedy23 November 2020 - 6:24 pm
- update23 November 2020 - 4:52 pm
- Game on23 November 2020 - 5:25 pm
- Changes Tune23 November 2020 - 4:37 pm
- Unfortunate23 November 2020 - 3:42 pm
- Take Caution23 November 2020 - 2:38 pm
- troubling time23 November 2020 - 3:00 pm