Homabay Senator Moses Kajwang' is mourning the death of his mother Mama Dorcas Akumu Ajwang'.
Taking to Facebook on Sunday, December 8, the ODM legislator announced the passing of his mother whom he described as a strong-willed woman.
"A matriarch has fallen! You are in the safest place, where your body shall pain no more. May heaven welcome you Mama. It is well madam teacher," he stated.
Mama Dorcas was also the mother to the late Sen Gerald Otieno Kajwang’, Hon TJ Kajwang’, Hon Peter Kajwang’ (MCA Kaptembwa Ward Nakuru) and others.
ODM leader Raila Odinga led Kenyans in sending their condolences for the senator's mother.
"To the family of Mwalimu David Ajwang Nyakwamba, please accept our condolences on the passing of mama Dorcas Akumu Ajwang’.
"Mama Dorcas gave us fine public servants who have served our country in different capacities and will continue doing so while she is away. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family at this difficult moment. Peace be with you," he wrote.
Other Kenyans took to Facebook to express their condolences.
"My heartfelt condolences to you guys. May the soul of Mama Rest in eternal peace," one user posted.
- Shed Light5 August 2020 - 4:31 pm
- making it big5 August 2020 - 4:46 pm
- new frontier5 August 2020 - 3:46 pm
- Genius5 August 2020 - 3:42 pm
- family matters5 August 2020 - 3:31 pm
- Surge5 August 2020 - 3:16 pm
- adapting5 August 2020 - 2:41 pm
- fiery5 August 2020 - 2:54 pm
- time to upgrade5 August 2020 - 1:57 pm
- for life5 August 2020 - 1:37 pm
- Fruitless5 August 2020 - 12:57 pm
- Magnificent5 August 2020 - 12:41 pm