President Uhuru Kenyatta on December 12, conferred honours to exemplary people including award-winning teacher, Peter Tabichi.
According to PSCU, Tabichi was honoured with the Moran of the Burning Spear (MBS) award for his undisputed effort in his role as a teacher which won him the prestigious 2019 Global Best Teacher Award, bagging Ksh100 million in March 2019.
The Mathematics and Physics teacher at Keriko Secondary School in Nakuru was the first African to win the prize.
The visiting Barbados Prime Minister Mia Amor Mottley was also conferred with the Elder of the Golden Heart (EGH) award.
Mottley was the special guest during the Jamhuri Day celebrations at Nyayo Stadium on Thursday, December 12, 2019.
Inspector-General of Police Hillary Mutyambai was also awarded. Kenyatta conferred him with the Moran of the Golden Heart title for his diligence in steering the National Police Service.
President Kenyatta also feted marathoner Mary Keitany with the Order of the Grand Warrior of Kenya (OGW) award during the garden party at State House.
Keitany, who is 37 years old, is a four-time New York Marathon champion and holds a personal best of 2 hours, 17 minutes and 01 seconds set in April 2017 during the London Marathon.
The president also awarded Police Constable Jarius Mulumia with a Head of State Commendation (HSC) for his unique contribution to society after he traded his gun for chalk and taught Class Five pupils in Farole Primary School near the border of Kenya and Ethiopia, after teachers abandoned them over insecurity in September 2019.
Kenyatta also gave Mzee Moiyiae ole Nkaka the HSC award after he surrendered a 2-acre piece of land for the construction of the Kibuka Community Water Project in Kajiado County.
The project was launched by President Uhuru Kenyatta on October 16, 2019.gun
- Take Note26 September 2022 - 3:00 pm
- Insecurity26 September 2022 - 2:49 pm
- Inspiring26 September 2022 - 2:32 pm
- chaos26 September 2022 - 12:13 pm
- New Responsibility26 September 2022 - 12:17 pm
- Remarkable26 September 2022 - 1:56 pm
- Reprieve26 September 2022 - 11:30 am
- The Truth26 September 2022 - 10:48 am
- Directive26 September 2022 - 10:21 am
- tragedy26 September 2022 - 8:34 am
- Damage Control26 September 2022 - 7:47 am
- Orders26 September 2022 - 7:19 am