Commuters on Thika Superhighway will experience a slight disruption in operations after the Kenya National Highways Authority (KeNHA) announced road closure.
According to a notice published by the authority, a section of the highway would be closed from Thursday, December 19 to Saturday, December 21 at the Mangu Road Junction (Njomoko).
The notice further noted that the closures would happen between 10 p.m. and 1 a.m. of the above-mentioned dates.
"Kenya National Highways Authority (KeNHA) would like to notify the general public that a section of Thika Superhighway at Mangu Road Junction (Njomoko) will be closed for motorists from Thursday 19th December 2019 to Saturday 21st December 2019.
"The road shall be closed from 10 p.m. and 1 a.m. at night due to the planned erection of the footbridge at Njomoko," read the statement in part.
The statement also advised motorists about diversions they could use during the planned closures.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, KeNHA Assistant Director of Communications confirmed the intended closure explaining that the project would affect a small section of the road.
"The section of the road will be closed because part of the road is going to be operating," he explained.
This announcement comes just days after the authority revealed that a major road would be closed down for seven days.
On Thursday, December 12, 2019, the agency notified the general public that a section of Likoni Road at Enterprise Road junction would be closed for motorists from Saturday, December 14, until Friday, December 20.
The closure will affect adjacent roads such as Lusaka and Mombasa roads.
- latest report1 October 2020 - 3:30 pm
- raid1 October 2020 - 3:50 pm
- Outcry1 October 2020 - 2:46 pm
- Power play1 October 2020 - 2:22 pm
- facts1 October 2020 - 2:22 pm
- Listen Up1 October 2020 - 1:57 pm
- New Directives1 October 2020 - 4:18 pm
- destroyed1 October 2020 - 1:39 pm
- god's plan1 October 2020 - 12:37 pm
- making a living1 October 2020 - 12:27 pm
- Nerve-wracking1 October 2020 - 12:27 pm
- Alert1 October 2020 - 11:48 am