The government on Friday, November 22, 2019, issued a notice to the public stating that a major road would be closed down.
Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA) stated that a section of King'ara Road, Nairobi will be closed for 10 days, from Monday, December 2, 2019, to Wednesday, December 11, 2019.
The closure of the road is expected to affect adjacent roads like Ngong Road.
"The closure is due to the ongoing works aimed at improving the junction.
"Motorists are advised to use alternative routes to access Ngong Road and Kingara Road. We apologise for the inconvenience that may be caused as we endeavour to provide efficient urban network," KURA notified.
KURA provided a sketch map for motorists to follow to access the aforementioned roads.
Alternative routes in the area include Naivasha, Riara, Makindi and Ole Dume roads
The notice was signed by KURA Director-General Silas M. Kinoti.
Back in 2018, Transport Cabinet Secretary James Macharia unveiled a plan to reduce traffic jams in the city centre by completing a ring road and four-link roads.
The CS announced that Ngong and Outer Ring roads would be improved, while Lang’ata Road would be expanded.
- new protocols8 July 2020 - 5:00 pm
- edged out8 July 2020 - 5:21 pm
- home comforts8 July 2020 - 4:11 pm
- Raft of Measures8 July 2020 - 4:08 pm
- spilling beans8 July 2020 - 3:36 pm
- torment8 July 2020 - 2:25 pm
- Presidential Appeal8 July 2020 - 2:34 pm
- showdown8 July 2020 - 2:24 pm
- way out?8 July 2020 - 1:41 pm
- listen...8 July 2020 - 1:35 pm
- easy steps8 July 2020 - 1:29 pm
- Surge8 July 2020 - 1:03 pm