A section of Kenyans turned against Murang'a Woman Representative Sabina Chege after she announced that she had taken copies of the recently released Building Bridges Initiative (BBI) report to a pastor in her area.
Taking to Facebook, the lawmaker announced that she had taken the document to the head of Kahatia Catholic Parish Rev. Fr. Anthony Chege for him to share.
She further promised that the document would be released in plenty for distribution to the public.
"Distributed BBI copies to the Father in charge Kahatia Catholic Parish Rev. Fr. Anthony Chege, Catholic Women Association(CWA), Catholic Men Association (CMA) and the youth leadership.
"The copies will be produced en-mass and distributed to the public and the faithful of Kahatia. I will continue distributing BBI copies to the people of Muranga County for them to read and understand on their own and make an informed decision," posted the legislator.
Chege attended the church's service on Sunday, December 16.
A section of Kenyans was, however, not impressed by her move reminding her that the money she was spending on the document could have used on other things that would benefit the region's poor.
"That is good but there are plans ongoing to change it, so why distribute this first version there is a second version in the works," wondered a user.
"I wish you used that money to pay school fees for a deserving student," shared Ochieng' Ochiel.
Other users, however, supported the lawmaker explaining that the distribution would enlighten her constituents who could otherwise not land their hands on the document.
"Help them understand the BBI and advise them to make their own independent opinions about this BBI thing," expressed Joe Ochieng.
Below are screenshots to more reactions:
- New Bill30 September 2020 - 8:09 am
- Quick recovery30 September 2020 - 7:46 am
- Insider30 September 2020 - 7:07 am
- bitter exchange29 September 2020 - 7:59 pm
- Expert Advice29 September 2020 - 7:12 pm
- panic29 September 2020 - 6:53 pm
- not us29 September 2020 - 6:09 pm
- Cracks Whip29 September 2020 - 5:43 pm
- Time Out29 September 2020 - 5:53 pm
- it's time29 September 2020 - 5:10 pm
- Sad state29 September 2020 - 5:32 pm
- big win29 September 2020 - 5:02 pm