Citizen TV news anchor Jeff Koinange was at the centre of an elaborate prank on Tuesday, January 7, 2020.
In a video he shared on social media, the celebrated presenter was in a state of panic after he was approached by two heavily built men posing as DCI officers.
The two - who were dressed for the part, complete with sophisticated communications kit earpieces, informed him that they were effecting an arrest in connection to tax fraud.
They waylaid him at Royal Media Services' carpark and directed him towards a designated area, all the while sandwiching him to ensure he couldn't make a run for it.
However, Jeff's woes soon turned to a joyous celebration after his colleagues emerged from hiding, in what was a well-organized surprise party.
"Baridi ilikuwa imeingia. (I was extremely nervous). Wow!," he narrated once he realized it was a prank.
The JKLive show host couldn't hide his joy as he hugged each and every one of his colleagues for the amazing gesture.
Comedian and Hot 96 FM breakfast show host Professor Hamo, led the rest of the team in a comical song to mock the whole 'tax fraud' saga, urging his co-host to make sure his records at the taxman's office were clean.
"Lipa taxes tukule sasa, lipa taxes tukule sasa," they all sang in unison as they feasted on some ribs before moving on to a colourful cake.
Here's the video of Jeff Koinange getting arrested during his birthday:
- Cushioned24 November 2020 - 8:24 pm
- On the Spot24 November 2020 - 8:11 pm
- masterplan24 November 2020 - 7:39 pm
- costly24 November 2020 - 7:27 pm
- tension24 November 2020 - 7:57 pm
- Caught on Tape24 November 2020 - 7:18 pm
- it is on!24 November 2020 - 6:57 pm
- Stuck24 November 2020 - 6:25 pm
- Dire24 November 2020 - 6:43 pm
- Cost Cutting24 November 2020 - 5:12 pm
- Surge24 November 2020 - 3:45 pm
- admission24 November 2020 - 3:49 pm