Former commercial director at Citizen TV, Gikonyo Macharia, was on Monday, January 13, confirmed as the Head of Commercial and Operations at Switch TV.
Speaking exclusively to Kenyans.co.ke, Switch TV communications department stated that the appointment was in line with their new strategy hinged on sustained growth.
"Under his visionary leadership and with the support of the Board of Directors and the staff of Switch TV, the company is looking at sustained growth in the new year," the youth-focused broadcaster's message read in part.
Gikonyo has a Master’s Degree in Strategic Management from the University of Nairobi and a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing and Business Administration from Daystar University.
The new manager at Switch TV is also a recipient of the Marketing Warrior Award from the Marketing Society of Kenya.
Our source at the station revealed that Gikonyo's vast experience having worked with Kameme FM, Royal Media Services, Metropol TV and as Media Consultant for over 10 years played a key role in his appointment.
Gikonyo served as the head of TV (broadcast and commercial) at Metropol TV from December 2018 to January 2020.
Back on January 6, the station explained in detail, the overall vision of the media house and the changes in the offing.
Gikonyo's tenure formally commenced on January 10, and he is expected to form the tip of the spear aimed at revamping the station and guiding the broadcaster to greater heights.
Switch Media further revealed that the station was embarking on a new direction under the Switch TV 2020 strategy necessitating the various changes.
The new direction is set to include the introduction of new personalities on air with new shows scheduled to launch later during the year.
- ejected20 September 2020 - 7:28 am
- Final Decision20 September 2020 - 7:12 am
- generosity19 September 2020 - 8:10 pm
- nabbed19 September 2020 - 7:57 pm
- alternative transport19 September 2020 - 7:20 pm
- not cool19 September 2020 - 6:16 pm
- our bad19 September 2020 - 5:55 pm
- high profile19 September 2020 - 5:23 pm
- on blast19 September 2020 - 4:55 pm
- Partners19 September 2020 - 4:34 pm
- Dangerous19 September 2020 - 4:00 pm
- latest report19 September 2020 - 3:10 pm